Stir fried egg noodles with King prawns and vegetables in a Korean style chilli sauce.
Serves two people
Preperation 10 minutes, cooking time 10 minutes
12 raw king prawns (shell, devien and buttefly)
2 tablespoons wok oil
6 trimmed broccoli spears
8 trimmed green beans (cut into 3-4cm lengths)
1 carrot (cut into thin matchsticks)
1 red chilli (thinly sliced)
6 baby corn (thinly sliced)
1 red onion (cut into thin strips)
2 portions of cooked medium thick egg noodles
Thumb of ginger (cut into very fine matchsticks)
2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 desert spoon sesame oil
1 desert spoon gochujan
1 desert spoon honey
1 desert spoon vinegar
2 desert spoons dark soy sauce
4 cloves garlic (crush, finely chop)
- Start by making the sauce, this is best 1-2 hours before cooking. Mix the crushed garlic, dark soy, vinegar, honey, gochujan, ginger, sesame seeds and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Stir well until combined, cover and set aside at room temperature until cooking.
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions then drain and set aside. It is best to use a fork to seperate the noodles to make it easier when frying them.
- Heat one tablespoon of wok oil until smoking hot. Keep your cooker setting at maximum for the whole cooking process – it is better to lift the wok off the cooker than to turn it down. Stir fry the prawns until they turn from gey to pink (2-3 minutes), then tip the contents into a colander to drain the oil. Set aside.
- Wipe the wok clean then add a further tablespoon of wok oil and heat until smoking hot. Add the vegetables (onion,, carrot chilli, baby corn, brocholi spears and trimmed green beans) and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked prawns followed by the sauce then the noodles, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until the dish is piping hot.
- Serve immediatley and enjoy!